The Hidden Benefits of Client Testimonials: Why They Matter for Your Business
Client testimonials are powerful tools for businesses to build reputation. They provide invaluable insights into customer opinions.
This can further be used to improve a business's relationship with customers and thereby increase the likelihood of a customer continuing to be with the business.
In this blog post, we'll explore the benefits of client testimonials and why they matter for your business.
We'll also provide examples of client testimonials and strategies for collecting and leveraging them.
What are Client Testimonials?
Client testimonials are positive reviews or feedback from existing customers about your products or services.
They can be collected in several ways, such as online surveys, interviews, offline focus groups, social media, or using custom collection pages.
Once collected from customers, they can be used in marketing campaigns, product launches, and website content.
They're quite an invaluable asset for businesses as they build trust with potential customers who might be reading those testimonials. Since a customer is more likely to trust a person who has already made a purchase, it turns becomes a reliable social proof for the business.
Benefits of Client Testimonials
There are a number of benefits for businesses from client testimonials, including improved credibility, increased social proof, increased website traffic, and improved customer relations. Let’s take a closer look at each of these benefits.
1. Improved Credibility
Client testimonials help to build credibility with potential customers by providing a perspective on existing customers' opinions. It can be especially helpful for businesses that are just starting out or are looking to scale their services
Client testimonials become direct evidence that your business can be trusted, which increases the chances of a customer confidently entering their credit card & buying your product/service.
Additionally, client testimonials that can be verified in real-time (by linking to the author of the testimonial) can be used to counter any negative feedback that may be circulating about your business.
2. Increased Social Proof
Social proof is the scenario when people assume the actions of others in an attempt to justify their own actions.
Social proof is an important factor in the decision-making process of a customer. And client testimonials are a great channel for social proof which can influence customer decisions.
By showcasing positive customer experiences as client testimonials, you boost social proof making it easy for customers to take action.
3. Increased Website Traffic
Client testimonials can be used to increase a website's search traffic by providing valuable content that potential customers may be searching for.
By featuring client testimonials on your website, you would excite your customers who would go on to share about it on social media and forums which will be bringing in more traffic to your website
Client testimonials can also be used to improve SEO rankings, as they provide a source of unique and engaging content that is likely to be shared and linked to by other websites. This can help to increase website visibility and drive more traffic to your website.
4. Improved Customer Relations
When you showcase customer testimonials, customers get to connect with your brand on a personal level & feel valued.
Sometimes, client testimonials provide valuable feedback which can be used to identify areas of improvement and create a better customer experience.
Additionally, you can reward loyal customers and encourage them to continue engaging with your business.
Client Testimonials Examples
Though we're aware of the fact that client testimonials are powerful for businesses, it can be difficult to know where to start.
To help, here are some examples of client testimonials that can be used as guide for customers to submit their testimonials:
• “I have been a customer of XYZ for over five years now. I have been genuinely impressed by their customer service. They always respond quickly to my emails and calls and are always willing to help with any questions I have.”
• “XYZ has been my go-to for all my web design needs for the past two years. I love their quick turnaround time & their attention to detail. I would highly recommend their services to anyone looking for a reliable web design partner.”
• “I recently bought a product from XYZ and I am so happy with my purchase. The product was exactly as advertised and it arrived on time. I will definitely be buying from them again in the future.”
Here are 10 Testimonial Template examples that could act as a waypoint for good testimonials
Leveraging Client Testimonials
Once you have collected client testimonials, it’s important to leverage them to get the most out of them. Here are some strategies for leveraging client testimonials:
1. Feature client testimonials on your website.
This will provide potential customers with an opportunity to learn about your products or services at a quick glance. Here's an example from Famewall
2. Share client testimonials on social media.
You can share the testimonials which you collected from your customers on social media. This will help to increase visibility and engagement with your business.
Famewall provides a feature to convert testimonials to images and share them on social media with a few clicks
3. Use client testimonials in marketing campaigns.
Include your client testimonials on Lead magnets & pricing pages to increase the success of a specific campaign.
4. Feature client testimonials in product launches.
This would create a positive impression when you're launching new initiatives for your company.
You can also use client testimonials to get 10x results from your marketing campagins
Strategies for Collecting Client Testimonials
The first step in leveraging client testimonials is collecting them. Here are some strategies for collecting client testimonials:
- Ask for feedback after a purchase: There's a higher chance for a customer to submit a testimonial after a purchase as they'd also share feedback that can be identified as areas of improvement.
- Use online surveys: This is a great way to collect feedback from customers and these can in turn be converted into text testimonials
- Leverage social media. This is a great way to connect with customers and encourage them to provide feedback.
- Reach out to customers via email: Send them a testimonial collection page link via email which ensures a seamless process to collect testimonial from your customer
The collection page looks something like this
Here's how you can collect testimonials from your customers from scratch & there's a separate strategy to collect video testimonials from your clients
Best Practices for Client Testimonials
Once you have collected client testimonials, it’s important to follow best practices to ensure that they are effective. Here are some best practices for client testimonials:
- Make sure that the testimonials are genuine. Link it to the author if possible as this will make it seem real & help you stand out.
- Ensure that the testimonials are relevant. You can update the testimonials and collect new ones if there have been a lot of product improvements with time
- Make sure that the testimonials are detailed & highlight important points. This will provide potential customers with an opportunity to learn about your service in detail.
- Include a call to action at the end of testimonials
Things to remember - Client Testimonials
Collecting & displaying client testimonials might seem like a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. Here are some tips for writing client testimonials:
- Keep it simple. Make sure that the testimonial is easy to understand and to the point.
- Be specific. Provide details about customer experiences to provide potential customers with an opportunity to relate.
- Be genuine. Make sure that the testimonial is genuine and believable.
- Be positive. Focus on the positive aspects of customer experiences to create positive associations with your business.
Client testimonials are powerful tools for businesses. They provide invaluable insights into customer opinions and experiences and can be used to improve customer relationships and increase customer retention.
They provide a powerful source of social proof and can be used to increase website traffic and build trust with potential customers. Here's an interesting read if you'd like to learn how to build trust with customers
By leveraging client testimonials, businesses can make the most out of them. This includes collecting client testimonials and following best practices
Try Famewall for free to collect testimonials from customers & add them to your website. Famewall provides an easy way to collect and manage customer testimonials, so you can make the most out of them